FOSTER/ADOPTIVE PARENT PROCESS
Steps in Foster Home Licensing:
The certification process can take approximately three to six months to complete.
1. Initial interest in Maple Star
2. Receive initial packet from Maple Star
3. Meet with Maple Star Representative
4. Submit application packet to Maple Star
5. All adults in the home complete training (40 hours)
6. Home study assessment with Maple Star representative
7. Maple Star reviews application material; home study, references, and criminal background if necessary (please note if you have a criminal record this process may take up to 60 days).
8. Maple Star submits application packet to Deparment of Family Services.
9. Department of Family Services reviews application materials and then will request additional data for your application, i.e. additional questions on references, family background, criminal history, child abuse neglect history etc.
10. Department of Family Services assigns your packet to a licensing social worker and you receive notification in the mail.
11. Appointment is set for home licensing inspection with state licensing social worker
12. Home licensing inspection
13. Home is licensed and you receive your license in the mail (about two weeks after home licensing inspection). Please Note-your home is not licensed at the time of inspection. The home is licensed at the time you receive your license in the mail, or verbal notification from a licensing supervisor and Maple Star representative.